Designer of the O’SUN Nomad lamp, Alain Gilles, was recently interviewed by Belgian design magazine and website Gael. Here is a translation of the interview:
Nomad, the solar light that you designed for O’Sun, is somewhat versatile. Could you introduce the concept to Gael.be readers?
When I designed the Nomad sunlamp for O’Sun, the goal was to create a lamp capable of meeting the lighting needs of a family living in Africa, in one piece, and not being not connected to the grid . The principle is of course valid for any other part of the world where people have no access to electricity .
But the idea was also, from the outset to design a product that could be sold in Western countries, for use on a terrace, a garage or a garden shed, for example. A product that would appeal for its ecological aspect and its flexibility of use.
You can read the rest of the original interview on the Gael.be website here: http://bit.ly/JPpC8T
- Belgian Association Objectif Ô and O’SUN provide NOMAD solar lamp to an orphanage in DRC and change life of 200 Kids.
- NOMAD won the WT AWARD 2013 – Quality Of Life in Italy
- Nomad changes the lives of 200 children in an orphanage in Congo.
- O’SUN NOMAD available on Shop in several countries in Europe.
- Stunning customization of Nomad lamp by Jean-Paul Lespagnard for Paris Fashion Show